Book your place with:

Get in touch

t: 0131 220 5999

West Ham Game 1 2007

Match Report West Ham United Game 1

Football Aid Championships, Tuesday 15th May, Upton Park

West Ham U. Home 3 – West Ham U. Away 7

A sprinkle of goals unfolded in the first half but in the second half a storm of goals came from the Away side to give them a very comfortable win in the first match at Upton Park of the Football Aid Season.

The opening goal came from a penalty in the 18th minute of the match from which Jim Rae (Home) blasted it into the net to give them an early lead. Rae kept up his standard and made a great strike headed directly towards the goal before the keeper tipped it round the post. Ten minutes before half time the equaliser for the Away side was courtesy of Smith’s diving header. It didn’t take long for the Away side to take the lead when Rance knocked the ball home from a mere 2 yards bringing the score line to 2 – 1 Away.

Half Time: West Ham United Home 1 – West Ham United Away 2.

Second Half

The second half saw the Away team storm the pitch with Frost scoring the third for the Away side after racing onto a through ball but literally three minutes later the Home side’s skipper Nick Jones volleyed home the teams’ second from the corner. Frost repeated his performance before and raced onto a through ball and coolly placed it past the outstretching keeper making the score 4 – 2 Away.
There’s a delay before we see the next goal, the fifth for the Away side as Brien receives the ball through a defence splitting pass and knocks the ball into the back of the net. Frost becomes a hat-trick hero when his shot voyages through a crowd of defenders before being deflected in to give the Away side a 6 – 2 advantage.
As the final minutes dawn Frost gets his fourth marvellous goal for the team as a pass back is lobbed towards the home keeper, Moss who does well to control the ball as he cannot pick it up. A neat tackle from Frost who gains the ball then has an empty net to fire into. 7 – 2 Away. The final seconds of the match approach and a penalty is awarded to the Home team. Stuart Jarrett takes a shot and the keeper saves it, but the referee insists on a re-take. This evokes much protesting from skipper Diggines who is sent off, the re-take is hammered home at the second attempt adding one more to the Home sides tally resulting in a full time score of  7 – 3 Away.

Full Time: West Ham United Home 3 – West Ham United Away 4

Man of the Match:

Moment of the Match:

Home Team: E.Moss, B.Lynch, R.Brannan, M.Price, K.Moss, P.Jones, J.Rae, Stuart Jarrett, Steven Jarrett, G.Bill, N.Jones, I.Warnock, A.Perry
Mascot: Matthew Jones

Away Team: D.Finn, R.Pryse, S.Jones, T.Diggines, M.Webb, P.Dollery, S.Clarkson, D.Hall Rance, G.Brien, T.Richards, J.Smith, I.Final, G.Frost, C.Wakeling, L.Brand
Mascot: Harry Richards