Book your place with:

Get in touch

t: 0131 220 5999

England vs Scotland 2016

A damp Tuesday morning awaited us in Milton Keynes as the impressive stadiummk, usually home to Milton Keynes Dons, played host to our inaugural England vs Scotland International. The weather didn’t stop our players providing the spectators with a fast and energetic game though and even though England ran out 6-1 winners the game was very tight for long spells, with the defensively strong Scotland side battling hard throughout the contest.

Date: Tuesday 10th May 2016
Venue: stadiummk
England (Home) vs Scotland (Away)
Kick Off: 10:45 am
Match Officials: Andy Stevens, Gavin Muge, Aaron Clipston & Brian Ebulubu

The players were bursting with pride as they took to the pitch and Scotland got us underway wearing Blue shirts and White Shorts, whilst England wore the all white Home kit.

Both teams had plenty of possession early on but hosts England had their 1st chance of the game after some direct passing saw a laid off ball struck viciously by No 15 Rich Bolter, however his effort cannoned off the post and away to safety.

Some quick goalkeeping from Scotland No 1 Phil Davies saw him deny England No 11 Andy Davies & No 15 Rich Bolter in quick succession to keep the score at 0-0.

It was all England early on, with Scotland struggling to get a foothold in the game and more heroic goalkeeping from Scotland No 1 Phil Davies saw him make a double low save to deny England No 15 Rich Bolter twice.

The Home team pressure eventually told and our 1st goal of the game came when England No 9 Dave Taylor’s long distance shot took a big deflection of the Scotland defender and wrong footed the keeper in the 15th min (1-0).

The goal didn’t demoralise Scotland though, in fact it gave them a new found energy and they controlled the next period of the 1st half, especially the possession in the middle of the pitch.

England No 15 Rich Bolter must have been wandering if it would be his day in front of goal when his close range half volley was valiantly headed over the bar by Scotland No 4 and Captain Brian Dunn.

A strong Scotland defence were determined to keep the goals out and when England No 11 Andy Davies turned and struck a shot whilst swivelling he was denied by another quick thinking save from Scotland No 1 Phil Davies, before a last-ditch sliding challenge from Scotland No 5 Ethu Crorie stopped the rebound.

And that was the final action of the 1st half; England entered the dressing room wondering how they were only 1-0 up, the very strong defensive performance from Scotland was the reason!

Half Time: England (Home) 1 - 0 Scotland (Away)

After a determined 15 mins discussing 2nd half tactics, England restarted the game as the rain continued to fall in Milton Keynes. England started the 2nd half just as they finished the 1st, with loads of possession and attacking intent.

The England team had attacking intent throughout the team and No 5 Ben Leeson will be wondering how he didn’t score after he ran through the Scotland defence before sending his shot over the bar.

Scotland had to wait a while for their first chance of the half, however they made it count when it came! No 9 Paul McPherson latched onto an inch perfect slide-rule pass from No 20 Andy Harland and found himself one-on-one with England No 1 Mark Yates and the striker finished expertly in the 55th min to draw his side level (1-1).

The English reacted to the setback quickly though and the team in White regained the lead in the 60th min when No 14 and captain Dan Foster pounced on a rebound in the 6-yard box to fire his side ahead again (2-1).

In control now, the English side made it 3-1 halfway through the 2nd half, the hugely impressive No 15 Rich Bolter burst free from the Scottish defence and fired home. A quirky celebration followed as Rich raced to the stand to applaud the goal he just scored (3-1)!

The England side were full of confidence and they increased their lead further soon after when No 11 Andy Davies fired home a shot that had been parried by the Scotland GK Phil Davies, it was a brilliant save but the English continued to show their attacking strengths with 70 mins on the clock (4-1).

With time running out the Scotland team’s huge efforts all over the pitch were starting to take their toll and a 2nd goal of the game arrived for England No 14 Dan Foster when he tapped home a low driven cross on the left hand side in the 85th min (5-1).

The final goal of the game came in the 89th min when John Vint scored a bullet header to make the score (6-1).

That signalled the final action of the game, England ran out 6-1 winners but the score didn’t reflect the Scotland team’s strong defensive performance. Huge thanks to all the players and spectators who braved the rain to make it a hugely enjoyable event and also big thank you to MK Dons for allowing us to host the 1st ever England vs Scotland game at the stadiummk.

Full Time: England (Home) 6 - 1 Scotland (Away)

Man of the Match Home: Joey Hylands
Man of the Match Away: Phil Davies
Moment of the Match: Brian Dunn

England Team: Mark Yates, Steven Longman, Richard Leeson, Ben Leeson, Joe Hylands, David Chapman, Rich Bolter, David Taylor, Robert Jenkins, Andy Davies,
Dan Foster (C), Joe Hylands (H6), Rich Bolter (H15)
Mascot: Rhys Jones

Scotland Team: Phil Davies, Derek McLeod, Brian Dunn (C), Ethu Crorie, Jonathan Hamilton, Kenneth Cobb, Baljinder Singh, Paul McPherson, Andrew Harland, John Denley, Steven Westhead, Phil Jarman, David Pool

Match Report written by Matt Annis