Book your place with:

Get in touch

t: 0131 220 5999

Liverpool Game 2 2013

Despite having a few less goals the 2nd match of the day at Anfield was no less exciting than the 1st, with both teams of LFC fans producing plenty of entertainment for the watching fans. Legend Alan Kennedy was on hand to play a half for each team and his experience and skill in the Left Back position undoubtedly helped the teams' Defences in keeping the game extremely tight. The game finished all even at 2-2 in the end, and the Reds fans who had Lived the Dream could go home proud they remained unbeaten in 2013.

Date: Monday 27th May 2013
Venue: Anfield
Liverpool Home vs Liverpool Away
Game 2
Kick off: 2pm
Legend: Alan Kennedy
Match Officials: Gary Dinsmore, Adam Scregg & Joe Pettit

The LFC players were raring to go as they came out of the tunnel and onto the pitch to start the game. There had been an air of excitement and friendly competition as the player had bantered back and forth in the tunnel and they carried it out onto the pitch as they prepared to go head to head. After the coin toss, which the Home side won they chose to start shooting towards the Kop end while the Away side kicked off. And the team in the Black and Grey kit started strongly, getting close to the Home goal and putting the team in Red under pressure, however they couldn't quite capitalise on their early dominance.

Despite this strong start from their opponents it was a brilliant passage of play that provided the Home team with the opening goal. A brilliant lay off from No 10 Jenk Sakalli allowed No 9 Terry Rickeard to sprint ahead into space where he promptly chipped the ball just out of the Keeper Marshall’s reach and into the goal. The Home side's lead coming after just 6 mins (1-0).

The Away side responded well though and immediately piled on the pressure after keeping the ball in and around the Home team’s box and they created a number of chances, however they were kept out each time by the rock solid combination of Keeper Grayson Marlow and an impressive Defence marshalled expertly by Legend Alan Kennedy from the Left Back position.

The Home side eventually made a mistake under pressure though after a long pass into the box was missed by a defender and pounced on by No 11 James Cutler. The Keeper was on the back foot as Cutler closed in and he had no problem slotting it into the bottom right corner after a jinking run. The Away side drawing level in the 18th min (1-1).

The Home side replied straight away though, putting pressure right back on the Away side and looking to take the lead again. At the same time a few threatening shots from the Away side were stopped by some fantastic saves and great handling from Home Keeper Grayson Marlow. The Red Defence also got back in numbers, shutting down potential chances before they could be taken and clearing the ball well.

The fortunes soon reversed though as the Away side began to get closer and closer to finding the goal and the Home chances dwindled, but play evened out after a while as both teams struggled to get a stranglehold on the game.

With just 2 mins to go until half-time a lovely team move then led to a break through for the Home team and allowed them to regain the lead. Right Back Adam Canning played a one-two with Sakalli, before carrying the ball into the box and rifling it into the back of the net. Not a bad finish for a Full Back (2-1)!

The half ended soon after with the Away side unable to reply and the Home side retaining their slender 1 goal lead. It had been a hard fought game of football, with some excellent play on show, however both teams were finding it hard to break down their opponents Defence.

Half Time: Liverpool Home 2 - 1 Liverpool Away

After a tough 1st 45 mins the teams got some much needed rest and a quick massage of the muscles before parading back out onto the pitch for the 2nd half. Both teams struggled valiantly to get shots on goal but they were not forthcoming for quite some time and the game settled into a pattern where most of the play was concentrated in the middle third of the pitch. A pass forward and then a superb back-heel resulted in a chance for the Home side, but the opportunity was sent wide by No 14 Clayton Edge. At this stage things were extremely tight and neither side really looked like dominating.

Despite some well executed free kicks from the Away team, the Home team's defence were always there to clear the ball and the team in Red then a had a chance from a corner after what looked like a hand ball, accidental of course, which only just went over the bar. The Home side then turned up the heat on the Away side, with the number of chances slowly creeping up. The Away side then hit back and nearly made it to the goal but Goalkeeper Marlow came charging out and punched the ball clear. The Home side Defence also pulled off some well timed last ditch tackles to stop the Away side going one on one with the keeper.

With time running out, and the watching fans wondering whether they were going to have any more goals to cheer, the deadlock was finally broken when a clearance from the Home side rebounded off an attacking player before the ball was passed into the box by his team-mate. No 11 James Cutler showed great striking instincts to latch onto the ball fire the ball low past Goalkeeper Marlow and into the net for his 2nd goal of the game (2-2). With 83 mins on the clock the teams were level once again.

With everything to play for the Away team almost took the lead for the first time after a pass into the box found two men behind the Defence, however instead of putting it across goal to his teammate Cutler dwelt on the ball a fraction too long and the ever alert Home Keeper Grayson Marlow slid out and cleared the ball. The Home side had their chance to win the game as well after Jenk Sakalli went one on one with Kristopher Marshall, but the Midfielder was unable to get the ball past the Keeper and the chance was gone.

The Referee blew his whistle to end the game mins later, with neither side managing to grab the winner and the scores remained all even at 2-2 as the players received the warm applause from their supporters as they marched proudly off the Anfield pitch.

Full Time: Liverpool Home 2 - 2 Liverpool Away

Man of the Match Home: Grayson Marlow
Man of the Match Away: James Cutler
Moment of the Match: Terry Rickeard

Home Team: Grayson Marlow, Adam Canning, Alan Kennedy (1st Half), Garry Hamill, Simon Joslyn, Peter Cook, Michael Nicholson, Mark Horrigan, Terry Rickeard, Jenk Sakalli, Fabrizio Tumolo, Clayton Edge, Phillip Rappo, Mark Dowling, Dylan Huws
Home Mascot: William Joslyn

Away Team: Kristopher Marshall, Neil Simpson, Alan Kennedy (2nd Half), Robert Carey, Gavin Millen, Nick Hackett, Stuart Conroy, Gary Miller, Dan Barrington, Richard Hughes, James Cutler, Jamie Underwood, Josh Harvey, Simon Joslyn, Alan Coleman
Away Mascot: Caitlin Leigh